Gmail is among the most competitive web-bases email service that has about millions of subscribers now. Why? Aside from being free, there are many features offered to people. One of it is the SMS alert. Every time someone sends you an email, you can setup your phone to receive an SMS as an alert. If someone sends you an important email, you can immediately reply to it. How can you do it? Here are the simple steps:
- To start up the steps, it is important to login with your personal Gmail profile on www.gmail.com or www.mail.google.com using your Gmail login account.
- Simply click the dropdown menu that appears and click on the “Mail Settings”.
- Next, select the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” button and afterwards just click “Add a Forwarding Address” website link you notice at the page of “Forwarding” area.
- Enter the number of your own smart phone which you use. Key your number in this style firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Google mail will start to send you a confirmation email within your phone. You must affirm your digit number is accurate. Launch the email within your phone and next simply click the validation link include at the email. This validation enables you to let Gmail utilize your mobile number being a getaway address to send the email as SMS.
- You could even alter or filter the emails you’ll want to have into your phone. You could add the precise email address separated by comma in the “From:” area. But in case you wish to get all the emails sent to you, just input your Gmail address inside the “To:” field.
- You can even use “Create Filter” so that you can only receive emails that you really think is essential or meet the requirements to your phone.
Just visit now www.gmail.com login page and access your own account to follow the process.